Wednesday, March 30, 2005

The end of an era

All on my lonesome in Bangkok and spent day sunbathing, wandering around the sights, a little bit more shopping and lots more people watching. Just when I thought I was ready to leave Bangkok, I was sitting in a cab on the way to the airport laughing with the driver as he noted I looked same, same, thai and I just kept seeing so much more I hadn't seen. There's the night bazaar and thai boxing matches I didn't get to, crocodile wrestling and the emerald buddha. And then there was all the stuff I love about being in SE Asia that I would miss too, the people's warmthness, the yummy food stalls, the helmetless moto rides, the shopping, the drinking, the crowded transport (asian style), the countryside, the rivers, the beautiful sea, the architecture, the eating, the new people you meet...god, I could go on forever!

Same, same amazing in Japan...

As I went through immigration and the the guy at the desk double checked my passport to see I wasn't thai - just same same, I just smiled and hoped I'd be having a same, same amazing time in Japan.

Now in Osaka and goddamn, it's nippy in Nippon (Japan) - bring on the summer!!

No comments: