Wednesday, April 06, 2005

London from the sky

A mad rush around the airport using up my yen and totally not hearing my name being paged – the check in guy forgot to give me my boarding pass and I forgot to ask for it (you’d think after all the flights I’ve taken, I’d have this bit down!). Only realized when I was looking for immigration and the guard asked to see my boarding pass. Luckily the flight was delayed…

On the plane I watched Ray and the Aviator, looked out the window, admired the mountains in Japan, and then the mountains and snow in China and Russia, doing my best not to think too much about what I’d have to do when I get back. Felt a mixed up kind of dread about all that stuff but also good things about seeing family and friends…just all mixed up!

Nearly there and getting nervous, I started talking to the japanese girl next to me – visiting England for the first time so I told her lots of good things which made me feel good and then I looked out the window and saw fluffy little clouds which always makes me feel good…and then I saw the Thames, the Gherkin, the London Eye, the Palace, St Katherine’s Dock (and my friend Ashley’s mum’s house) and figured it ain't so bad ;o)

No comments: