Sunday, July 03, 2005

The enchanting wizard of rhythm

My second gig since I've been back and it was to see one of my favorite artists - Beck. He's just a genius!! An enchanting wizard of rhythm type of genius.

Candice, Iffy and me made our way to the front of the crowd (almost, there was a guy with a stripey t-shirt in front of me so there was still much craning of the neck to get a better view - in my next life, I'm gonna be taller). Franny and Carly (Fran managed to get last minute freebie tickets upstairs) represented Africa and a half in the seated area and Beck (not Becks, missy G!) did us proud. The man knows how to put a good show on. He, his band and his dancer were brilliant. One of the highlights of the show was when a table full of food and glasses filled with wine came out - Beck said his band were taking a break and he was gonna do a solo except it turned into the band drumming along on the wine glasses and making music with the food. That's what I love about him - he's just so musical!

No comments: