Friday, December 24, 2004

Back home again...

It's been tough trying to figure out plans here with so much family to see...feel like a diplomat or something!

Anyway, after travelling south of Luzon to visit the Visayas (for choc hills) and Borocay Island and then spending hours on outriggers, bangcas and a big ol' ferry, getting tricycles, shuttles and jeepneys, we travelled to visit family in Tanay and Morong. This is where I lived for 4 years before moving to England.

We only had a couple of days there as we planned on being back in Floridblanca for xmas (where even more family are and our main base). It was great being with the people that looked after me (Nanay Tita, Kuya Apollo and Ate Christy and their families) again. And strange to be in the same house again - not much different too! We saw old pics, ate bananas and watermelon (my fave when I was a kid, I'm told - nothing much changed there!), went to the fair and to Charms where we boogied the night away.

We also visited Daranak Falls - a beautiful place full of waterfalls and swimming holes. The water was beautifully blue and I didn't have to swallow bucketloads of salt or chlorine while swimming in it. It was brilliant! Also, having fun there were beautiful dragonflies - saw loads of lovely red ones and a few stripy green and black ones. V. cool as I'm such a fan!

No comments: