Saturday, August 07, 2010

Adventures with the Paguios in Manitoba

The train ride from Toronto to Vancouver is 4 nights and 3 days, which is a hell of a lot of time sitting on a train (with no shower - at least, not in economy class).  As much as I do love staring out of windows and all the random things that a journey like this brings, I was very relieved to be splitting the trip by stopping off in Winnipeg for a few days.  Also meant I got to hang out with my cousin and his fabulous family ;o)

We blew bubbles, splish-splash-sploshed in swimming pools, met and hung out with even more family, ate BBQ in the park, went strawberry picking and rolled down a big hill.  Phew, I forget how much energy kids have!  I had a blast - how could I not as I basically got to be a big kid again, wooohoo!

THANKS so much Anna, Jun, Andrew, Nicole and Precious xxx

Manitoba with the Pagiuos - Winnipeg (6)
Andrew and Nicole


Manitoba with the Pagiuos - Winnipeg (14)
Precious
Manitoba with the Pagiuos - Portage la Prairies (25)
Anna, me, Andrew, Nicole, Precious and a crying Thirdie!
Manitoba with the Pagiuos - Portage la Prairies (8)
Thirdie
Manitoba with the Pagiuos - Portage la Prairies (7)
Hard at work picking strawberries (made some very tasty smoothies later!)
Manitoba with the Pagiuos - Portage la Prairies (26)
JunJun and Precious

Manitoba with the Pagiuos - Winnipeg (23)
Precious hoping to start a new fashion trend in eyewear and big sister Nicole
Manitoba with the Pagiuos - Steinbach (7)
gutted to be too big for this one!
Manitoba with the Pagiuos - Steinbach (19)
mmm... lunch
Manitoba with the Pagiuos - Steinbach (24)
starting the roll
Manitoba with the Pagiuos - Steinbach (25)
me and Precious mid-roll (by end-roll, I was covered in grass and really very dizzy!)

No comments: